The Data Protection Act contains eight Data Protection Principles. These state that all data must be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully;
- Obtained & used only for specified and lawful purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- Accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date;
- Kept for no longer than necessary;
- Processed in accordance with the individuals’ rights (as defined);
- Kept secure;
- Transferred only to countries that offer adequate data protection.
The Data Protection Act requires that appropriate security measures are in place to safeguard against unauthorised or unlawful access/processing of personal data.
You are entitled to see any information about you held by us, subject to certain conditions. If you wish to view or have a copy of your records, please ask for an application form or click here.